Friday, February 20, 2009

Why Hip Hop is Dead.

Before you get all defensive and start replying with mindless rants, check my reasoning. As you all should know, Nas has a new album dropping entitled "Hip Hop Is Dead." Yeah I'm an up and coming MC in the game, who has been a Nas fan for a long-time. That has nothing to do with why I agree. No I'm not going to stop making my music. It would take a whole lot more than a hip hop great saying hip hop is dead to make me hang up my mic. I've been frustrated with the lack of creativity in music in general for many years now. People listen much more closley to how your beats bang or who's producing your tracks nowadays instead of listening for substance in your lyrics. So the majority of "artists" don't feel they have to put any effort into making music that means something. And producers get top dollar for wack stripped down tracks that have no musical value other than to get that ass movin on the dance-floor. I like all types of music. But when everything starts sounding, looking, acting, smelling or feeling the same, you better believe death is in the air. Hip Hop has to die to be reborn as something better. And personally I'd like to be apart of a new movement. Not one that has lost it's flare and has forgotten the whole reason that it even came about. Everybody's beefin because hip hop started in New York but it's now much more alive in the South right now. Fuck all that! Hip Hop is for the universe. I think alot of legitamate artists as well as the fly by night garbage artists are truly on some bullshit right now. One of the main reasons Hip Hop is dead is because the artists that were holding it up just forgot what making quality music was. They didn't step it up and they stopped putting out good shit. Now they're mad that the next generation doesn't know who they are and what good music is. It's partially your fault. Yeah big business too. Big business likes to come in and fuck up what began as a pure form of expression. Fuck that too though. We are more in control of our art than we've ever been. It's time to step this whole shit up. Make quality shit and get paid.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment