Sunday, February 22, 2009

HIP HOPS LIFE after DEATH

I thought I might let everyone know that my last post was actually a post from a 2006 blog I did. I found it interesting reading an almost 3 year old post and realizing how much my feelings haven't changed. Ohhh, but have no fear the resurrection is very near. You can feel it in the air. The culture is awakening. If you don't feel that way I advise you to dig a little deeper into the digital crates and look-up some artists who are consistently putting good shit out. Myself Photobucket for instance, who you can now download on iTunes. Good music is not only out there, but it is indeed coming back to the mainstream full force not just in tiny intervals. We have more control over our art now and we are gaining more control by the minute. I'm excited about the digital age. And though, like everything it comes with it's downfalls such as beat auctions, which I think takes the producer artist relationship out of it, the digital age is mostly a major plus. No more having to sign 360 deals, basically allowing a huge company to anally rape you out of your royalties and dough. What I have envisioned is a situation where we'll have the creativity of the early 90's and the entrepreneurship of the new millennium in a cohesive state. Stay-tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Video is dope brah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think u just got me excited about... hip hop
    [gasp]
    im patiently awaiting the awakening...

    -Lieu

    ReplyDelete