Tuesday, March 10, 2009

EXCITING TIMES is HERE!


Photobucket
Maybe you missed the livest show/party Atlanta has seen in months. Of course I'm gonna say it was live because it was my release party. But really doe, if it wasn't live I probably wouldn't blog about it. And if it wasn't live, I probably wouldn't be as confident about disclosing the names of witnesses to the event as I will shortly. All in all, EXCITING TIMES was dropped like an anvil on the melons of all in attendance. Let me first identify the producers that provided the foundations of the 19 or so songs on the LP. Illastrate
, D.R.UG.S., Amdex, Koda(Codafied)

Koda, Mr. Q, Jae Scott and Rock Most. Check for yourself. I don't work with wack producers. That's my word. All these dudes are on the verge in my eyes.

Illastrate and Mudnoc are the guys who helped make sure the songs sounded good. They mixed the tracks for me, a lot of it was on there own time so they really deserve praise for their work. They made me look really good on this one. Now the guest artists are as follows- Clan Destined
, Tori Alamaze, Nefarious, Tay, Dillon, Mojo Swagger, Naira, Boog Brown, Stanza, Dat Boy Tragic, Stahhr the Femcee, Dean Caine, Dynas, Akir and of course Binkis Recs. Yeah, a mouth full and they all did their thangs. Really really blessed the project. Oh! And look out for that Foolish remix featuring Senor Kaos as well. Nuttin but dat heat!


How can I forget Mr. Bret Boogie of iExist. He did the graphic design for the project. Every change I needed to be made he made em (no matter how last minute lol). He had my inserts done in time and everything. Bret is definitely one of the tippy top graphic designers in the A. We've done a lot of work together and I know we'll do more. Likewise about my man EDS. He designed my logo and our Moondox logo. Dude is sick with the graphic work. He's out of Indiana, they keep him busy up there, but he also took the time to craft exactly what I needed.

Can't forget my cousin SinSkyy
and my brother Nefarious for helping me out with all the running around that I have to do on a daily basis, but especially during the preparation for this project. I don't know what I'd do without them. My girl Isis Wisdom took the cover pic for the album. I definitely appreciate her continued support. My man DJ Aaries is always on deck to help me promote and interject new ideas. My peoples Donnie and Redd from Pyramid Pictures have been down since our Clark Atlanta days. They shot the "OZ" video and have helped me with my image. Stay-tuned for the new videos as well. Mojo Swagger is my dude for life too. Him pulling me in to do this show at the Bench couldn't have turned out better. He really went in on the promotions and just supported my project all the way around. Mojo is definitely one of the most talented artist/promoters I've ever witnessed.


Last but not least my business partner Empress Journee out of Charlotte, N.C. As always she made sure that people knew about this project and helped me in any capacity I needed. She's actually responsible for me having this blog. I can't say enough about Journee. She keeps me on my toes and is always motivated in helping me push my career to the next level. I made a vow to keep my self around people who were driven. People who make moves. Journee is definitely one of those people. You'll be hearing a lot more about her if she stays on this path too.

Most of these folks made it out to the show where they could cop the 1st copies of EXCITING TIMES. Journees cousin Era hooked up the bangin pasta salad and cheese dip. The entire Atlanta underground scene was in the building fo sho! Performances by Spree Wilson, Binkis Recs, Stahhr, Dillon , Clan Destined , Nairaand myself made the night memorable.
And we gone do it again soon!
Don't miss it.

Photobucket




Senor Kaos from Empress Journee on Vimeo.


Koda from Empress Journee on Vimeo.



MoJo Swagger & Rock Most from Empress Journee on Vimeo.


Dean Caine from Empress Journee on Vimeo.



2 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwwe Ozy! You care! LOL. You know I got your back. Now let's get get get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just stopping by to show ya page some love and asking you to check out my blog(www.phreshbot.blogspot.com) and if you like it please follow.Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete